There are countless reasons why 2012 was such a great year for me. Here’s 30 of them:
1. Take a surfing lesson.
2. Teach some English classes.
3. Take part in the trek of a lifetime on Peru’s Inca Trail.
4. Be wowed by Bolivia’s Salar de Uyuni – the world’s largest salt flat.
5. Enjoy a unique Christmas Day.
6. Dance a tango in Argentina.
7. Climb a volcano in Chile.
8. Trek in Chile’s amazing Torres del Paine.
9. Do something that terrifies me.
10. Do a skydive.
11. Swim with dolphins in New Zealand.
12. Walk on New Zealand’s Franz Josef Glacier.
13. Watch a performance in Australia’s Sydney Opera House.
14. Visit Fraser Island in Australia.
15. Dive in the Great Barrier Reef in Australia.
16. Watch one of my best friends get married in Thailand.
17. Get soaked at the Songkran festival in Thailand.
18. Learn how to be an elephant mahout (trainer) in Thailand.
19. Go on an adventure with my sister.
20. Learn a new skill (Thai massage).
21. Drink tea in a Burmese teashop.
22. Stand on The Great Wall of China.
23. See the Terracotta Warriors in China.
24. See a panda bear in China.
25. Do some voluntary work.
26. Sample some of the more “unusual” cuisine in China.
27. Shop till you drop in Beijing, China.
28. Visit a place starting with each letter of the alphabet. In order.
29. Write yourself a postcard from every country you visit.
30. Go to the 2012 Olympics in London with my family.
You can find out more about my 30b430 trip here. Also, I’d love to hear about any challenges you’ve set yourself on your travels!